Call for applications for the post of Co-ordinator
Tenso Network Europe is seeking to appoint a (part-time) Co-ordinator.
Tenso is the European network for professional chamber choirs. In Tenso Network Europe, the efforts and achievements of the leading professional European chamber choirs are combined and disseminated within the context of a growing European network. Currently the network counts 21 members from 17 European countries. www.tensonetwork.eu
After 10 years of semi-continuous funding from EU sources, producing several large-scale projects, the network now enters a new phase. We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated person who can work on their own initiative to develop new ideas, investigate and implement funding options, and communicate clearly and successfully about these and all other Tenso business to partners and other organisations in consultation with the Tenso Board and Executive committee.
The Association is registered in the Netherlands. However, the Co-ordinator can be based in any EU country.
The total of staff costs – on the current budget – is around € 10.000 gross. This should cover the work for co-ordinating the activities of the network, and the communication, possibly but not necessarily combined in one person. The position may be expanded where funding allows.
- facilitates and takes care of internal and external communication of the network, among members, with partner organisations, and other stakeholders;
- represents Tenso Network Europe in other forums throughout Europe;
- will initiate and implement ideas that benefit the Tenso community;
- will develop ideas for funding proposals and implement these in future projects;
- manages a digital hub to promote the activities of Tenso and its members;
- fulfils the (light) administrative duties attached to running the association.
The candidate will be a self-motivated communicator who has
- relevant and extensive expertise in arts management;
- an extensive working knowledge of (contemporary, classical) music;
- an academic background or equivalent work experience;
- proven networking and co-ordinating skills;
- experience with (international) fundraising;
- fluency in English (spoken and written);
- well-versed in modern communication and social media tools.
- the candidate should be allowed to work in the EU
- the candidate can be based in any EU country and an agreed travel budget will facilitate travel for meetings etc.
- the candidate will be self-employed and fully responsible for their own taxes
- the candidate will be offered a contract for a probation period of one year
- the candidate should be available to start work no later than 1 March 2020.
Interested candidates should submit a 1-A4 page outlining their interest in, and relevant experience for the position together with an up-to-date CV to [email protected]
Enquiries can be addressed to [email protected]
Deadline for the applications
- 15 December 2019;
- interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place in January 2020 at a convenient location in Europe.