Pleasure and excellence
4-6 April 2013
This year, we focused on the interaction between professional choirs and amateur choirs. The TPM took place in the spectacular Palau de la Música Catalana, built a century ago to celebrate choral singing.
Sessions dealt with
- benchmark projects – organizers of successful projects will share their expertise; and we will look at the current state of affairs of Tenso choirs
- the music – which music is suited for projects shared with amateurs? can – and should – we adapt music to that purpose? how can we stimulate composers to write more interesting music that is suitable for professional ánd amateur choirs?
- sharing the stage – what does it bring, and how does it work ? the practicalities; the set up; the coaching; the role of the professional singers; the framework (especially in the eyes of the outside world
- managing – legal aspects, finances, publicity ; what do we – the professional choirs – hope to gain from collaborating with amateur choirs, and are these realistic expectations?
- contemporary music – how can we jointly work on contemporary music? improvisation, jeux vocaux, written notes; how can the professional choral world help amateur choirs choosing the right repertoire?
Speakers a.o. Chris Surety (UK), Merlijn Twaalfhoven (NL), Josep Vila (CAT), Martí Ferrer (CAT)
- TPM 2013 report
- TPM 2013 video report on vimeo channel
- Link to photos
- TPM Barcelona 2013 schedule (pdf)