CHOIRS IN SPACE
From spatial music to performances in extraordinary locations, or even under the blue sky – how do choirs work with this challenge ? Tenso Professionals Meeting 2016 investigated the topic together with invited speakers :
- Oliver Beer (UK) about his Resonance Project;
- Roland Hayrabedian (FR) about Musicatreize concerts in different spaces
- sound technician Arturs Perkons (LV) about the acoustics of spaces, inside and outside
- Bernhard Heß (DE) about RIAS Kammerchor’s Forumkonzerte project: concerts at special locations, with a programmatic connection between music and venue;
- Bruno De Cat (BE) shared the expertise accumulated in the New Music, New Audiences project;
- Jochen Sandig (DE) about the Human Requiem/ Rundfunkchor
Other examples that provide some inspiration:
- ACCATTONE at the Ruhrtriiiennale (in cooperation with Collegium Vocale Gent), staged performance at the Kohlenmischhalle at Zeche Lochberg, Dinslaken (Germany).
- Four singers of Det Norske Solistkor sing from within a caravan, to be used as a jukebox by the audience.
- Human Requiem – a choreographed version of Brahms’ Requiem: have a look at a short impression right here.
- Musicatreize, Odysée dans l’espace MP2013
- Musicatreize in the front of the Opera de Marseille, singing a ritual piece resounding urban sirens