Following the success of Tenso’s workshops for young composers, in 2016 Tenso, together with the Centre for Music & Technology of the Sibelius Academy of the University of the Arts Helsinki will organize a workshop for composing for choir and electronics. Four young composers will have the opportunity to work in detail on creating a new composition with coaches Marco Stroppa and Paola Livorsi, conductor James Wood, the Helsingin kamarikuoro and staff and students of Sibelius Academy.
Sessions took place at the Musiikkitalo (Helsinki Music Centre) in Helsinki (FI)
- Friday 15 – Sunday 17 April 2016
- Monday 22 – Friday 26 August 2016
resulting in a presentation during Tenso Days Helsinki.
- Friday 26 August, 15:30
- (entrance for registered guests only, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Read more about the content of the workshop sessions.
Coaches and staff
- Marco Stroppa
- Paola Livorsi
- with the collaboration of Helsingin kamarikuoro and conductor James Wood
- Alejandro Olarte and Josué Moreno, staff of the Centre for Music & Technology (MuTe) of the Sibelius Academy
- creative assistants: Markus Kärki, Amirabbas Mohammadi, Juan Vasquez and Alejandro Montes de Oca, students of the Centre for Music & Technology (MuTe)
Sibelius Academy of the University of the Arts Helsinki is the highest-level music educator in Finland. The academy trains artists skilled in independent artistic work, teachers, and other music professionals. http://www.uniarts.fi/en/siba
Tenso Network Europe
Tenso is the European Network for Professional Chamber Choirs. The development of new choral repertoire is one of Tenso’s primary missions. Since 2010, the network has organized a series of workshops to stimulate young composers to write for chamber choir. www.tensonetwork.eu