Tenso Young Composers Workshop 2015
call for young composers
Who can apply?
Composers under 30 (born in or after 1985), or composers who have recently (after 1 July 2012) received a degree in composition at a music academy or conservatory. The workshop is not restricted to European citizens, but non-European applicants should show a clear and sustainable connection to European music life.
How to apply?
• One score should be a work for chamber ensemble (max 8 instruments /parts), the other should be a work for voice (with or without accompaniment)
• The title of all pdf files (scores, form, letters) should start with the (family) name of the composer
(example: yourlastname_titleof thepiece.pdf).
• The maximum size of any file is 2 Mb; larger files will not be accepted.
• References from teachers or performers are welcome but not obligatory. Only pdf’s will be accepted.
• Emails with attached sound files, and files in other formats than pdf, will not be accepted
• Links to websites where more information, sound files, video etc can be found are welcomed – put them in the application form.
• The accompanying email should contain name, age, names of attached files
• Applications that do not comply to these conditions will not be reviewed !
• The deadline is 10 March 2015 18:00 hrs CET.
Selection for first round
A jury will select five composers to be invited to Mechelen for two sessions on 15 and 17 May 2015. Those selected will be asked to bring a short piece of max. 3 minutes — or fragment(s) of a piece — for a capella chamber choir (S/A/T/B), max. 12 parts (separate voices), max. 12 singers.
Accomodation and travel
Hotel and travel to Mechelen (from an airport in Europe) will be arranged for the selected composers. In addition,the participants will be able to join the Tenso seminars and attend the concerts at Tenso Days Mechelen 2015 (Festival van Vlaanderen/ Mechelen hoort stemmen) (www.festivalmechelen.be).
Please contact us at email@example.com or call project manager Babette Greiner at + 31 6 1467 131